Blue Ridge PBS Production Services
At Blue Ridge PBS, we know that video continues to be the most powerful and cost-effective method of communicating your message in a multi-media world. Whether you need a short commercial spot, a corporate communications video, or a full-fledged documentary, Blue Ridge PBS Production Services is one of the only production houses in the region using a native digital workflow: from high definition P2 cameras, to non-linear AVID editing suites, and Adobe graphic packages. With over 75 years of combined video production experience, our Emmy award-winning team has the skills to see your project through from concept to completion. Our client-oriented professionals understand your objectives and deliver on deadline, whether you need a single piece of equipment or our complete package of services. We can make your video accessible on multiple platforms, including DVD or Blu-ray duplications and online video that can be posted to your website or social networking page.
Our versatile studio offers a 40x40 square foot production space, with a clean-neutral background that can easily be transformed using effect-lighting. Because we are not set up for a nightly newscast, we have the only open-space production facility in the region that can accommodate any project or event - from non-production gatherings to live multi-camera productions. Our state-of-the-art digital equipment includes:
- Lighting – non-heat-producing studio fixtures and professional grids run through a digital lighting board
- Audio – wireless lavaliere microphones are mixed and equalized through our digital audio board
- Set – professional, modern background with expandable interview table
- Cameras – multiple high-definition pedestal cameras including a long-arm jib and engineering camera control units
- Chroma key – portable wall available in green or blue
- Control room – high definition digital Grass Valley Kayak switcher with multiple inputs and key sources, and digital playback capabilities
- Graphics – high-definition AVID Deko work station with two channels of output
- Satellite – downlink capabilities for remote viewing or video conferencing
- Internet – wireless connectivity for webcasts and to show websites in a television format
- Phone lines – 8-line expandable bridge for call-center/teleconferencing capabilities
- Green room – professional space for guests to gather with available craft services/catering
Clients trust our production team to be professional, efficient and creative. We can come to any location to document your event or performance, and magnify your presentation on up to three large projection screens. Our portable gear can accommodate any size production from a high definition single camera shoot, to a multi-cam configuration, including our triangle Jimmy Jib camera - with a wide angle lens – that can be expanded up to 25 feet for spectacular overhead shots.
No matter the scale, we have the tools to deliver. Our in-house production facilities are equipped with Adobe work suites loaded withPhotoshop graphic-editing software, Illustrator graphic-design software, and After Effects graphic-animation software. Our specialized team of editors maintains the highest quality while adding the creativity your project deserves.
Whether we produce your project or you have one already created, we can duplicate and distribute your video on DVD or Blu-ray in any quantity. We also offer conversion services to transfer your project from one format to a more computer-friendly file, for posting to your website or social networking page.